My Voter Guide for the Upcoming Local Election
After reading, listening, questioning, and evaluating the City Council candidates who will represent me in the upcoming years, I have made my decision(s). These choices were made with a clear head, based on facts…not emotions. In some cases, I am not ‘wildly’ favoring any candidate. However, I realize three will win. Twelve will lose.
That being said, I know for certain, I am NOT voting for ___________________just because...
• We attend the same church.
• We are of the same ethnic group.
• He or she has a well-known last name, their family is respected, or their spouse is wealthy.
• I am friends with their mother, father, brother or sister.
• They have more and larger signs around town.
• They have made many promises, promises I know are impossible to keep.
• They are a man, woman, or belong to the same Union.
• He or she is good looking, dresses well, and is articulate.
• I know the people backing them. Big donors want repaid… one way or another. “Follow the money!”
The above are all the wrong reasons to select someone. Remember, ‘that someone’ will handle your money, propose and pass ordinances you (should) follow, address your concerns (or not), and be the face of your city. In a sense… “They will become you.”